What is a reverse outline
Inverse pyramid principle
This article meets the GlossarWiki quality requirementsonly partially:
(only rudimentary checked)
(important sources are missing)
|Source types: 1|
The Inverse pyramid principle is a journalistic technique for structuring information in news.
The origin of the principle lies in the American Civil War (at that time also "Climax-First-Form" or "Top Heavy Form"). Due to the susceptibility of the telegraph connections to failure, often only the beginning of a combat report reached the editorial offices. In the case of a chronologically structured report, therefore, important things could often no longer be transmitted. The rapporteurs proceeded to convey the message in two sections and to summarize the main points at the beginning of the message. The additional information then followed in the course of the text.
The image of an inverted pyramid describes the technique of the principle. The broad base of the pyramid represents the information core and the top, the most unimportant information. According to the principle of the inverted pyramid, a message is to be divided into information packages that decrease in importance. This makes it easier for the reader to find the information that is important to him.
3.1 Traditional structure of information
4 Principle of the inverted pyramid
- supporting information
- Background and technical details
- What makes a cheese cheddar
- What are items that are not covered by GST
- Elon Musk did sports
- Why is woot com so cheap
- Can psychopaths sociopaths be in love with someone
- How does the law shape the moral standard?
- What is a good hostel in Lisbon
- What is a dirndle
- You can learn Python on LeetCode
- Should I learn SAS or R.
- Which CSS3 framework should be used
- What is a reverse outline
- Do BSNL plans work in roaming
- What are some examples of legumes
- How to make caramel from sugar
- You can overcome a schizotypical personality disorder
- How is automotive engineering at Hindustan University
- Can I keep secrets from an INTJ
- What is Chuck Norris Schwaeche
- When should you permanently give up a friendship?
- Which artist sang the song Classic
- Where can I see Buppesannivas online
- Who is the best sadhguru
- Do Kashubians speak more Polish than Kashubian
- Why is Darjeeling tea the best tea
- What are different types of transmission systems
- Who invented death by hanging?
- Harvard accepts international students
- Do smartphone screen protectors really work?
- Great white sharks eat otters
- What is the actual date of Ramayan
- Ethics are legal
- Religion can be evil
- Why do everyone fear Wahhabism?