What Makes Jain Cooking Unique
San Sebastián: what makes Basque Country cuisine unique
How can it be that 18 Michelin stars shine in the gastronomic sky above San Sebastián and the surrounding area? Why the Basque coastal city, which does not even have 200,000 inhabitants? Why does gastro culture play such a role here and now attracts gourmets from all over the world?
“We Basques have always eaten well and happily,” Spain's best-known cook, Elena Arzak, tries in a first vague explanation. She cooks in the three Michelin-starred restaurant "Arzak". But right now she is looking through the window front of the “Haizea” bar, one of her favorite spots in the old town of San Sebastián, at the street.
For her espresso, now in the late morning, she has taken a small culinary treat from the counter: a Russian salad in a bowl, topped with two olives and a shrimp.
Spain's tapas are called pintxos here
Pintxos are the Basque name for the appetizers otherwise known as tapas, which enjoy legendary status in San Sebastián. The variety of finger food cannot be topped anywhere else in Spain. Depending on the location, pintxos have risen from simple satiety makers to miniatures of the highest culinary art.
A bar, everyone knows, is only as good as its pintxos. Concentrate and selection are record breaking. If you add up the bars and restaurants in the old town, you get “200 to 250”, calculates Amaiur Martínez, who has just tastefully arranged the counter displays in his “Ganbara” bar.
- What are Intel people
- Can SEC store crypto and how
- Should IPS officials greet the MP
- What does the clothing of the Karankawa tribes mean?
- Allergies can start after a few years
- Why doesn't Kingroot root my ZTE Grand
- How do Koreans see the Goryeo dynasty
- Which is the best MTailor app
- How do you get momentum
- What mantras are used in tantra
- What are KitchenAid blenders made of
- Why does the pulse increase when you inhale?
- What are the biggest myths about politicians
- What is the scope of general medicine
- Why is life 5
- Which Austrian SIM card should I buy?
- Will Iran be the next Venezuela?
- What is your greatest act of kindness
- Who invested in Napster
- In what climate do eucalyptus trees grow
- How do I play a nylon ukulele
- Which universities offer a BBA with specializations?
- What quality beef does Wendys use
- Support Pakistan the unification of Malaysia