Where can I watch Netflix's Leila
"Leila" Season 2: Will the Netflix Series Go On?
The Netflix drama "Leila" is the first dystopian series from India. The six rousing episodes are quickly watched and in the end the story is not resolved. Will the action continue into a second season? (Warning: season 1 spoilers)
The Netflix original series "Leila" takes place in the fictional world of Aryavarta, which in 2040 will be ruled by a totalitarian system. Under the rule of the leader, Mr. Joshi (Sanjay Suri), it is all about maintaining the purity of the community. Since the main character Shalini (Huma Qureshi) has violated the law of purity by marrying the Muslim Rizwan, her husband is killed and their daughter Leila is kidnapped.
During the course of the first season, Shalini does everything possible to embrace her daughter again. In the end, she actually gets to the legendary Himmeldomfest and sees Leila again for many years to come. But then the shock: She finds out that Leila has now been completely absorbed by the system and now sees Aryavarta as her mother. At the very end, the desperate Shalini stands in front of Mr. Joshi with a poison gas bomb. It doesn't resolve what she'll do next.
"Leila": Are there any plans for a second season?
Unfortunately, Netflix has not yet announced whether "Leila" will receive a sequel. The streaming service usually takes six to eight weeks to check on the basis of the streaming accesses to what extent a second season is worthwhile. Overall, the chances of a sequel are pretty good, as the Indian market is very lucrative for Netflix.
The company is planning seven original Indian series for 2019 alone. All three original series from 2018 ("Selection Day", "Delhi Crime" and "Little Things") have also received a second season. So Netflix is keen to ensure constant supplies. Should "Leila" Season 2 get the green light, it will probably appear in June 2020 following the annual release cycle. We will keep you up to date.
How could it go on?
At the end of the day, Shalini is in a really hopeless situation. If she releases the poison gas, she will kill the dictator, but her daughter and many other innocent children will have to die too. In addition, her master Joshi says that she cannot defeat Aryavarta anyway. If Shalini gives up, she should actually be shot for her terrorist act.
Perhaps Mr. Joshi will show mercy again and put Shalini again in the labor camp in the second season, where she should prove herself again in the purity test after many years. Shalini could then flee and set up a resistance group. After all, she is unlikely to leave her daughter to the system without a fight. "Leila" is based on the novel of the same name by the Indian journalist Prayaag Akbar, who denounces the problematic caste system in India. However, the series is only loosely based on the novel and is therefore unfortunately no help in predicting the further course of the plot.
- When I eat soap, I throw up
- Does Jesus ever laugh in the Bible
- What is healthy feta or goat cheese
- Why do weeping stones cry
- Can we choose an English medium for JNV?
- Which is OutKast's best album
- Is there an alternative word for me
- Why were early BASIC interpreters not structured?
- What wood are woofers made of?
- How do you encourage children to participate
- What is a flammable mixture
- What does the term un Australian mean
- What are placements of ece in pec
- In 1963 the rocket was fired
- Will shutdown Paytm
- Which is better ledger or Trezor
- What is an unexpected improvised weapon
- Which is the tallest suspension bridge in the world
- Michael Cohen is a bad person
- In 1963 the rocket was fired
- How do you pay for Google Cloud
- Why is Facebook saying that no content is available
- Manage managers remote workers on a micro scale
- How can you create simple rangoli designs