Is the management of access data wrong or genuine?
News portal - Ruhr University Bochum
Update from June 3rd, 2020, 4 p.m.
What should I do if the new password no longer works?
In some cases the system has problems processing certain special characters in the new passwords. In these cases the password should be changed again via www.rub.de/login. After about ten minutes it should work.
Update from June 3rd, 2020, 11 a.m.
How do you get a new password if the old one has been blocked?
Passwords for RUB login IDs that have not been changed by June 3, 2020 have been blocked for security reasons. Anyone who is affected by this and would like to continue using their account must contact the IT Services service center and request a new password. The service center on campus is currently unmanned, but employees can be reached by email. Please use the following form to request a password change.
IT Services are currently receiving a large number of inquiries, so the team asks for patience. Some users contacted the Service Center before June 3rd because they no longer knew their current password for the RUB LoginID and could therefore not change it. Not all of these inquiries have been processed yet. If you made the request from a RUB email address, please contact the Service Center again from an alternative email address. Since the old account passwords are now blocked, these users can no longer access their RUB emails and thus no longer receive the response from IT services.
Update from May 28, 2020
The new Active Directory - a central component of the Windows-based network - will go into operation on June 2, 2020. Anyone who logs on to their computer in the RUB network with their old password and receives a message that the password is incorrect must from now on use the newly set password for the RUB login ID to log in. Logging in and out with the new password may take longer than usual. The process should not be canceled.
Update from May 28th, 2020
A special feature applies to those who have changed their password before May 12, 2020, 2 p.m. This early change could not be processed in the system. These people have to change their password again. IT-Services has added an additional information box on its website. IT-Services also explains on its website where you can look up when you last changed your password.
Update from May 27th, 2020
IT-Services has informed all users by email that accounts whose passwords have not been changed will be blocked from June 3, 2020 for security reasons. So if you want to continue using the account, you have to change the password immediately at https://rub.de/login. If you no longer need the account, you don't have to do anything because the account is then automatically blocked.
Due to the cyber attack on the Ruhr University Bochum, all users who have a RUB login ID must immediately set a new password. This also applies to so-called combined services, via which, for example, functional e-mail addresses run. Changing the password is a security measure. Instructions and further information for students, teachers and administrative staff can be found on the IT Services homepage.
- Can astigmatism be reversed
- What is an Indian leather product startup
- Who was Julius Caesar married to?
- Should i tell my friend 1
- What are the top hotel APIs XMLs
- What is the climate of Oklahoma City
- Is it hot in downtown Los Angeles?
- Is 3D the most interesting technology
- How do you rate analytics quotient
- What is the best medicine for scratches
- What should I know before proposing
- What is the best pizza restaurant in Bristol
- Landfills cause pollution
- Which startups can be started in Kanpur?
- What exactly are gays proud of?
- Why does Facebook consistently violate data protection laws
- Do you like other types of music
- What can I expect from friendship
- What are the best sanitary products
- What is James Bonds Myers Briggs type
- What did JRR Tolkien like to read?
- Should I buy a Paris Pass?
- Can you evaporate water vapor
- What can Lord Shiva offer