Why is epidemiology considered a basic science
Basics of epidemiology
The lecture offers the students a basic introduction to the way of thinking and working in epidemiology. In addition to the basic terms and concepts (e.g. prevalence, incidence), you will learn about different study designs (e.g. case-control and cohort study) and the metrics used (e.g. OR, RR). This theoretical knowledge is deepened in various desktop exercises on a case study of available epidemiological data. A special focus of the course is the understanding of the quality characteristics (STROBE criteria) of observational studies, based on the teaching of the theory, the quality of selected studies is analyzed.
Learning outcomes of the course
The students understand:
a. the basic way of thinking and working in epidemiology
b. Basic terms of epidemiology
c. selected study designs and their dimensions
When reading epidemiological studies, students can assess their quality using STROBE criteria.
Recommended or mandatory specialist literature and other learning resources or instruments
Current studies are made available.
Type of mediation
Lecture and exercise
Requirements and accompanying conditions
Health and fitness through exercise 1, health and nutrition 1, human physiology, factors influencing health
Examination method and assessment criteria
VO: final exam; UE: course-immanent examination character
- How do things move in time
- How many satellites orbit Mars
- What is the safest means of transport
- What are the topics in thermodynamics
- What is meant by atomic
- Curiosity is necessary for true intelligence
- Why do wolves have tails
- Do antibiotics affect memory?
- On which continent is the country Laos located
- Do dogs feel feelings
- How is common sense and sociology different?
- Objective C has dot syntax
- Which one is right vlogger or blogger
- Who was the last king of Romania?
- Let's live in the Reverso world
- Are schizophrenics really shamans
- What is the neet model paper
- Chronic laryngitis is painful
- Celebrity influence on fashion trends
- Why do people offer cash for houses
- What is a car heater fuse
- What's your favorite Dream Theater album
- How is the integration done
- When should I use Java over C ++?