Backyard is a word or two why
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Back | back | yard, Plural: Back | courtyards
- IPA: [ˈHɪntɐˌhoːf]
- 1) free space at the back of a building
- 1) Determinative compound from Behind and court
- 1) yard
- 1) “What made them stand out was just a certain ingenuity of neglect that spread to the streets and into the Backyards continued. "
- 1) “It was a spacious apartment, with two bright rooms on the front, while the third and the kitchen on the backyard grasslands."
- 1) “Every year in February, many nervous young people crowd into the backyard the Münchner Kammerspiele. "
- 1) “In fact, it got as far as the carpenter Lý Phong, who was in a third backyard repaired furniture near the Mauerpark and was literally in a bad mood. "
- Nominative: singular backyard; Plural Backyards
- Genitive: singular Backyard; Plural Backyards
- Dative: singular backyard; Plural Backyards
- Accusative: singular backyard; Plural Backyards
- English: 1) backyard
- French: 1) arrière-cour (Female)
- Catalan: 1) pati interior (male), pati posterior (male)
- Portuguese: 1) quintal (male)
- Russian: 1)
- Spanish: 1) traspatio (male)
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The 25-year-old was in a backyard caught.“
Mopo, November 12, 2018
„A fire has in one backyard raged in the Ludwigsvorstadt and caused traffic chaos.“
Day 24, March 31, 2019
„One of the most exciting insider tips in the region can be reached via one backyard in Lützel.“
BILD.de, March 8, 2019
„Thick clouds of smoke moved over Wedding on Sunday afternoon. in the backyard a residential complex was on fire.“
tagesspiegel.de, October 14, 2018
„In Lörzweiler (Rheinhessen), the backyard a gas pipe in a single-family house was damaged.“
SWR.de, October 11, 2018
„By firing a shot in one backyard A man died in Recklinghausen.“
Day 24, June 12, 2020
„When firing a shot in one backyard A man died in Recklinghausen.“
GMX, June 12, 2020
„On the Flittarder Hauptstrasse it is a Saturday morning all in one backyard burned.“
Kölnische Rundschau, July 18, 2020
„The units from Neuruppin and Bechlin approached a fire in the early Wednesday morning backyard the Scharländerstraße.“
Moz.de, April 15, 2020
„A man jumps in one backyard in a waste paper bin to free up more space in the bin.“
BILD.de, March 22, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- patio: free space that is surrounded by buildings / parts of buildings
Another word (synonym) for backyard - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary that contain "backyard":
walk: ... the living room windows face the street; the balcony looks out to the sea / to the back / to a backyard / to the beach / to the east ...
court:… Aureole Superordinate terms: place Subordinate terms: 1) general: arcade courtyard, backyard, inner courtyard, atrium, four-house courtyard, forecourt 1) operational / public: truck stop ...
Night jacket district: Nachtjackenviertel (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) Cases: nominative: singular the Nachtjackenviertel; Plural the Nachtjackenviertel genitive: singular of the Nachtjackenviertel; ...
court: court (English) Part of speech: noun Hyphenation: court, plural: courts Word meaning / definition: 1) the courtyard, the backyard, the schoolyard, the playground 2) Jura: the court ...
among others: Courtyard, courtyard, inner courtyard 2) backyard 3) enclosure, fence, hedge, fencing, fence 4) fenced, fenced property; Enclosure, paddock Examples of use: 1) Watoto ni kucheza katika and others
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Hinterhof" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Hinterhof/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "backyard" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Backyards (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Secondary Forms: Backyard Hyphenation: Hin | ter | ho | fe Pronunciation / Stress:…
Backyard (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Hinterhofs Hyphenation: Hin | ter | ho | fes Pronunciation / Emphasis:…
Backyard (German) Part of speech: Declined form Subforms: Hinterhofes Hyphenation: Hin | ter | hofs Pronunciation / stress:…
Underhandedness (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular backwardness; Majority of sneakiness ...
Underhandedness (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: back | hold | tig | kei | ten Pronunciation / stress: IPA: ...
Back houses (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Hin | ter | häu | ser Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Back houses (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Hin | ter | häu | sern Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Backyards (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Hin | ter | Hö | fe Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Backyards (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Hin | ter | Hö | fen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Back india (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter), part of speech: toponym Cases: nominative: singular (das) Hinterinsel; Plural ...
Back India (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Hin | ter | in | di | ens Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
- Spartacus was a clever tactician
- Why didn't the Dodgers keep Manny Machado
- Is Herbalife product effective
- What is a pastry shop
- What are signs that my toddler has experienced trauma?
- Why is my iPhone not responding
- What is 42x 232 14 2
- Is a version of Superman Outerversal
- What is mental fatigue
- Would you recommend drinking Kopi Luwak coffee
- Who is your favorite Serie A team?
- What does unemployed recovery mean
- How did civilization start in America
- How does voting differ from voting?
- Do you think being happy is overrated
- Who wrote different versions of the Quran
- How was Nepal founded
- What's your favorite major league baseball team
- Why are vehicle tires dyed black
- What wood are woofers made of?
- Can block Spotify ads
- What is inferior equipment
- What are the contributions of allopathy
- Can I restore my Quora-locked account?