Why is Microsoft Excel no longer free
Get Microsoft Excel for free
Microsoft's Excel has been the leading spreadsheet software for more than 30 years. You don't necessarily have to pay for the program.
A Microsoft 365 subscription makes perfect sense in the corporate world. It may not be right for you. You can use MicrosoftExcel completely legally but also free of charge.
Option 1 - web version
Microsoft Excel and other important Office programs can be accessed free of charge over the Internet, and all you need is a Microsoft account. Go to Office.com and create an account, or sign in to an account you already have.
As soon as you are logged into your Microsoft account at office.com, you will see a welcome screen and either on the left or at the top a bar with the available apps, from Excel, Word and Powerpoint to Outlook and Skype.
These are all web apps, which means that they are applications that you use online without installing them on your computer. If you work on a file here, it will be saved on Onedrive, Microsoft's cloud storage service.
In fact, you probably owe it to Google for making the software available in the form of a web application, as the free text and spreadsheet software and its integration with Google Drive made it difficult for Microsoft to keep charging users.
The web version of Excel is a stripped-down version of the software, so comparing it to Google Docs is more reasonable than the full desktop program. Nonetheless, both services should offer everything a normal user could want.
Option 2 - use on the smartphone
Maybe in response to Google again: Microsoft's mobile Office applications are completely free and available on modern mobile devices. You can download the Microsoft Excel for Android and iOS. Although Microsoft understandably reserved some premium features for its 365 subscription, the mobile apps are still extremely powerful and the perfect option if you want to be productive on the go.
Option 3 - Get the full version
Of course, if only the full version of Excel is enough for your needs, then you need to subscribe to Microsoft 365. Like Adobe, Microsoft prefers that you pay a regular fee to access its software rather than buying it directly.
On the positive side, it gives you regular updates, which should make sure the software is more secure than a big annual release.
Buy Microsoft 365 from Microsoft
This post was first published by our English colleagues on techadvisor.co.uk
- How can I recover text messages
- Will Syria fight against Turkey?
- How Often Should You Replace Your Jeans?
- Is there another world
- What's under Display Selfie Camera
- Why don't you eat raw onions
- What is meant by housework presentation
- What mantras are used in tantra
- The most important was the Mediterranean
- What is the value of cos 1
- Startups How do you keep talent
- What are the best websites for vacation planning
- Will Zoro happen against King
- NASA hides the existence of Nibiren
- Women like or hate sex
- Inflammation increases sleepiness
- Asian girls find white girls attractive
- When should I use Java over C ++?
- What are the characteristics of Aeneas
- How do I pronounce the recording
- What Heisenberg said was Jesse's name
- Why does Quora practice censorship
- How is the call list
- What did the Huns think of Rome?