Which Iranian stock would you buy
In this way, investors can benefit from Iran's prospects
Apart from the always delicate political situation, it is fundamentally interesting to invest in Iran - but not without risk. There is already a simple option via an index fund.
With almost 80 million inhabitants, Iran is one of the largest countries in the world. The country also has large oil and gas reserves and was an important trading partner for the German economy.
Invest in Iran and bet on a boom
However, under the sanctions that have been imposed for years, relations have suffered just as much as the Iranian economy itself. Foreign countries stopped investing in Iran, the country was largely cut off from the western world and from the flow of capital.
With the end of the nuclear dispute and the corresponding agreement in July 2015, however, the business climate should improve significantly again. The German-Iranian Chamber of Commerce expects a real boom and good business for the German export industry.
Because Iran could not buy new machines and equipment for years, used material was procured from other countries. What is holding back the development is the currently hesitant attitude of German and other Western banks.
Iran is well positioned for the future. While other countries are struggling with an aging society, the average age is only 28 years, and that with a comparatively high level of education. The proportion of well-trained specialists is high and the universities are of western standard.
The annual per capita income is even ahead of that of China, Brazil or South Africa. However, the unemployment rate is high. With a revival of the economy, however, the employment situation should improve.
Privatization program for the economy
In order to stimulate the economy, the government in Tehran has launched a five-year plan, the aim of which is, among other things, to significantly increase the private share. So far, almost 80% of the economy is in the hands of the state or religious foundations. This high proportion is to be reduced to up to 20%.
In 2014, economic growth recorded an increase of 3% after previous negative figures. The lion's share comes from the oil and gas sector, which accounts for over half of export earnings. There are very large oil reserves in Iranian soil and the second largest gas reserves after Russia.
At the same time, the country has low national debt and high foreign exchange reserves. There is an enormous amount of catching up to do, especially in the idle infrastructure. The estimated investment requirement is a good 100 billion US $.
ETF on the shares of the Tehran Stock Exchange
So all of these are good starting points from which to invest in Iran. In any case, the government is trying to attract foreign investors. Interesting for potential investors: The Tehran stock exchange has long been significantly undervalued. Investments therefore have potential.
One way for private investors to invest in Iran is an index fund from the Turquoise Partners Group: the Turquoise TSE 30 Iran Index ETF. The ETF tracks the development of the leading TSE 30 index on the Tehran Stock Exchange, on which the most important companies in Iran are listed. What private investors should not forget: An investment in Iran offers opportunities, but it is also risky and comparatively speculative.
Franklin Templeton wants to swallow rival Legg Mason for $ 4.5 billionConsolidation in the fund industry continues to pick up speed: Franklin Templeton puts $ 4.5 billion on the table for rival Legg Mason ›read more
- Why does Jeffree Star have no eyebrows
- How can we convert methane into formaldehyde?
- What does it mean to vote illegally
- How long is a cat memory
- Will Siri replace customer service
- How can I buy a Shopify store
- What is an incentive
- Do local governments monitor communications from foreign embassies
- Could Sweden be the next target for terrorism?
- What happened to Frank Sinatra's grandchildren
- How do you recognize an experienced programmer
- What is pure evidence of its use
- What is the terrorist's religion
- What are some common misconceptions about receptionists
- What is SOX conformity
- Will DMV buy my car
- When do young people stop at 18 or 20
- Which mobile apps offer nice user interfaces
- How do I change the color of WhatsApp
- What is a marine instrument panel
- What are the two types of expenses
- How can my project be more creative
- What is a helmet painting
- Is 1280x800 better than 1080p
- Why do humans kill every other organism
- Can we take honey while fasting?
- Is Viber blocked in China?
- How does winter wheat grow?
- Should Google and Microsoft be merged
- Do you like Leslie Cheung
- Do you live in pune
- What fad didn't make sense to you?
- Have you ever experienced synaesthesia with music?
- What is a first class tutor