How can I use circular needles
Knitting with circular needles for round knitting work
Table of contents of this page
Knitting with circular needles is suitable for circular knitting without seams or when a large number of stitches are to be knitted back and forth
Knitting with circular needles, a circular needle is a thick nylon wire that has short knitting needles at both ends. Circular knitting needles are available in different lengths and strengths. They are usually used to knit sweaters in a round shape, i.e. without seams. This gives the garment a good fit.
Knitting with circular needles
Circular knitting needles are also used for work in which a large number of stitches is knitted back and forth (flat knitting). How to knit scarves with vertical stripes on circular needles. You can also knit sweaters in one piece with circular needles. In the case of a sweater with batwing sleeves, for example, you start with a sleeve that is knitted in a round shape up to the shoulder. Then the back and forth rows on the front and back are worked. The other sleeve is knitted again from the shoulder in the round.
A circular knitting needle of a certain length can hold a minimum number of stitches large enough to form a circle. A maximum of 4 times the number of stitches can be recorded on a circular knitting needle, the minimum number. is specified. The table below shows how many stitches can be held at a certain stitch ratio on circular knitting needles of different lengths.
Knitting with circular needles
Use of a circular needle for circular knitting
The stitches are cast on in the normal way. The stitches cannot be twisted on the needle, which can happen when knitting with 4 needles. When all stitches are on the needle, the point of the right needle is inserted into the 1st stitch of the left needle.
Use a circular needle for flat knitting
It is important to tie a thread of a contrasting color at the beginning of the first round. This makes counting the laps easier.
Knitting flat items on the circular needle
When you need to knit back and forth. Turn work when one row has been worked. With the point of the right needle is then worked back over all stitches.
More knitting techniques
1 Cast on and cast off at the beginning and end of knitting work
2 Casting off stitches is the end of a piece of knitting
Knitting 3 braids is simply a matter of right or wrong knitting
Category: Knitting Techniques
- What killed romantic comedy
- Which countries watch Kollywood films besides India
- How do tetanus vaccines prevent tetanus infection
- Acquires Shivaji knowledge
- Why is Google AdSense rejecting me
- How do encryption systems work?
- How do I understand narcissistic behavior
- Is the Stranger Things show scary
- What does a cat like you do
- Has Walgreens Redbox
- Are incarnation and astral realm?
- Household packers and moving companies
- Which presidents were Democrats and Republicans
- Pre-med courses expire
- How do you say uncle in Italian
- What's a good thing about marketing
- How did the Boeing 747 change the world
- How does the Apple Watch recognize heartbeats
- Is GoPro waterproof
- Decreases the size of the sun
- James Bond was black
- What's in Vienna Austria
- What happened to Frank Sinatra's grandchildren
- Can I do an internship in 2014?