How is life at the North Pole
The polar regions
Quick start:Jump directly to the content (Alt 1) Jump directly to the secondary navigation (Alt 3) Jump directly to the main navigation (Alt 2)
© Goethe Institute
The earth has two poles, the north pole and the south pole. It's always cold at the North Pole and the South Pole, in the polar regions. There are no real seasons: no spring, summer, autumn or winter. There is only one short polar summer - then the sun does not set and it is always light - and there is a very long, dark polar winter. The whole country is covered with ice and snow.
Arctic - that's the name of the sea and the land around the North Pole. So the Arctic consists almost entirely of ice. The Arctic Ocean is covered by a layer of ice all year round. Although it is very cold, many plants and animals live in the Arctic. The big animals can live there because they have thick fur and a thick layer of fat. Polar bears only exist in the northern hemisphere. There are also arctic foxes, mountain hares and even humans. Your name is Inuit and you live in North America.
The land around the South Pole is Antarctica, the continent is called Antarctica. Antarctica is also covered by a thick layer of ice and snow. Antarctica is the coldest area on earth. It can get cold down to -89 ° C! The penguins live there. The Arctic has many natural resources, such as oil. The people transport the oil from Alaska to the USA, for example with large tankers. Accidents often happen and the oil pollutes the environment. This is a catastrophe for people and nature.
Whales and seals live on both poles. The cold is not a problem for them. You are used to it.
The climate on earth is changing. The earth is getting warmer, and that is what people are to blame. They produce too much exhaust, for example when they drive a car. When the temperatures rise, the ice on the poles melts. The sea level can then rise up to 60 meters. This is very dangerous for many countries, especially for coasts and islands.
Worksheets - The Polar Regions
- Are wrist injuries common in yoga
- Which company offers IDentify + services
- What are the benefits of ghostwriting
- Which phones can download the Google Cardboard app?
- Michael Cohen is a bad person
- What is VIN Google quv
- From March 2014 Airbnb is profitable
- Who are the people who support LGBT
- Strategy to crack RBI wizards
- Is concrete itself waterproof
- How is your experience with Redmi smartphones
- Who invents calculators
- How do you define Lord Shiva
- Is non-stick rice cooker safe
- Which CGPA is required for the AFCAT
- What is the purpose of ASMR
- How are sanctions generally enforced?
- How could 10 1 0 1 be?
- Where is the trend towards cloud computing?
- How do I lock my stick
- When did Anh Do arrive in Australia
- How do Kuluya Games make money
- Is auto brewing syndrome curable?
- How does Indian Railway work