How to clean the keypad
hardware Cleaning the keyboard - this is how you remove the dirt
Over time, debris will accumulate on the keyboard surface and between the keys. The reason for this is, for example, the food at work and quite simply dust; in the following, a lot of bacteria settle in and the keyboard no longer looks really appealing. In our tips + tricks, we will show you how to clean your keyboard and remove dirt.
- Remove loose dirt
- Use vacuum cleaners to remove dirt that is difficult to remove
- Complete cleaning of all buttons
1. Remove loose dirt
First of all, it is important that you disconnect the keyboard from the PC, i.e. pull out the cable or switch off the keyboard. Otherwise, you could accidentally execute unwanted commands on the PC. Have a handheld vacuum cleaner handy or put some newspaper on the desk. To remove the coarse dirt, turn the keyboard and shake it until the loose dirt has loosened. You can also try using a compressed air spray to remove the dirt. However, never use the vacuum cleaner directly on the keyboard, this can damage the sensitive technology!
2. Thoroughly clean the buttons
Use either Isopropyl alcohol or another Disinfectants to remove bacteria and other debris from the keyboard. You have several options here to clean the keyboard with the aid of the agent. But be careful: you should use isopropyl alcohol sparingly, especially with laptops, as there is sensitive hardware underneath the keyboard. So don't let moisture drip under the keys.
- Use a cotton swab and dip it in the alcohol solution. Then use it to clean the spaces between the keys.
- Soak a rag or cloth with the alcohol and use it to wipe the surface of the keyboard.
- Finally, you should wipe the keyboard dry again with a microfiber cloth or other lint-free cloth.
3. Complete cleaning of all buttons
Many keyboards allow you to remove all keys individually. Most mechanical keyboards are shipped with a handy tool for removing the keys. Otherwise, a blunt butter knife or a slotted screwdriver is recommended. To do this, place the tool under the edge of the key and lift it carefully. Now you should do the following:
- Before dismantling, take a photo of the keyboard layout so that you can reassemble all the keys in the right places afterwards.
- Now, using the tool of your choice, gradually remove all buttons.
- Clean all buttons with alcohol or alternatively under running water.
- Dry the keys with a dry cloth. To be on the safe side, let the buttons air dry for a few more hours so that there is no more water on the buttons.
- Also clean the bare keyboard again with a cloth or a compressed air spray. Be careful not to touch the pressure sensors of the buttons directly. You should be careful with mechanical keyboards in particular.
- Another tip from our users: You can also put the removed buttons in a laundry bag in the washing machine for 15 minutes in the short program.
- When the keys are dry again, carefully put them back in place.
- Why are Desert Eagles pistols called Roscoe
- What is vitamin C good for?
- Triple-A game developers use C ++
- Where can I get 5G Technology PPT from
- Can a teenager make the best business
- Judge God for each of our actions
- All rivers flow south
- Why do people follow influencers
- What is Rajasthan's largest government department
- What marital mistake do you regret?
- How did Selena Gomez start her career
- Best recipe for red velvet pancakes
- Money can be printed at any time
- How do I eliminate my self-esteem
- Which is the tallest mountain in India
- Old people had sarcasm
- Where can you meet female jockeys
- Is Costco Vodka gluten free
- How is the food at IIM Indore
- Has Subway Monday specials
- How can I order NetOxygen
- Which universities offer a BBA with specializations?
- Can ball bearings be overhauled
- Police officers show up in court