Is the earthquake damage insured?
Earthquake Insurance - Benefits and Limits
Almost all earthquakes in Germany are very weak and do not cause any damage. Nevertheless, earthquake insurance can bring advantages in certain German regions and minimize financial risks. Large parts of Baden-Württemberg, the Alpine foothills, the Rheingraben, parts of the Franconian Alb, the “Cologne Bay” and the Leipzig-Gera-Chemnitz area are affected by tectonic disturbances. There are also areas with once high mining intensity, primarily the Ruhr area and Saarland.
Earthquakes, landslides and subsidence cause damage from the elements
In Germany (in contrast to Switzerland and other countries) the consumer cannot take out independent earthquake insurance. Rather, these are part of a package of "natural hazard insurance", which in turn is included in the Home and home insurance are integrated. In other words: when you take out home insurance, you can choose to have the building insured against earthquakes and other natural hazards (such as storms, floods or hail).
In this sense, earthquake insurance also includes protection against "natural" subsidence and landslides - two events that occur much more frequently than earthquakes in Germany. Landslides occur particularly in mountainous regions, where potentially unstable, damp slopes can slide.
In this country, earthquakes, landslides and subsidence rarely endanger the life and limb of those affected, but they can affect the buildings significant damage dish up. The range of possibilities extends from a crack in the wall to the complete collapse of a building. An earthquake or natural hazard insurance protects against these financial consequences (at least above the usual deductible).
Conclusion: does earthquake insurance make sense?
As with all insurance decisions, it depends on the individual case which expense is worthwhile. For people who live in areas that are prone to "natural" earth movement, this option can be very useful. This applies in particular to a correspondingly adapted building insurance, less so to household insurance.
Of course, the policyholder should always keep an eye on the overall package as well as the price-performance ratio and a critical one Insurance comparison hire.
- You can have two main residence mortgages
- Which price pages inspire you
- Why do you love your favorite beer
- What is the sum of three squares
- What other qualities are associated with selfishness?
- What is the Best Android Programming Textbook
- Why is friendliness underestimated
- What is CLIA
- Hiring Google India Law Graduates
- Which is the best MTailor app
- You can drill a hole in glass
- What is the largest prehistoric land crocodile
- What are printing technologies
- Xanax causes missed periods
- Halogens form basic or acidic oxides
- Which is better Ryzen or i5
- What is Italy's greatest treasure
- What causes sodium deficiency in the body
- Are wrist injuries common in yoga
- What is the best lapel microphone for iPhone
- Why is Adiantum known as Virgin Hair Ferns
- Is Canon 1300 good for short films
- Which high-carat musicians use Quora
- Is EarthBound related to Undertale