What happened during the mass extinction
Species decline due to rise in temperature
In the report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), approved by all governments, the experts warn that climate change alone puts 20 to 30 percent of the species known today at risk of extinction if warming continues at the current rate.
The reason is simple: ecosystems are changing, species are being displaced, cannot find new habitats - and are dying out. The experts assume that species decline will occur with a "moderate" increase in the average temperature of 1.25 to 2.5 degrees Celsius. This is now considered to be no longer avoidable.
No thought of future generations
Humans do not limit themselves to using up nature at the rate at which it can regenerate. Worldwide, for every ten trees that humans cut, only one is replanted - without thinking about what we will leave behind for future generations.
Environmental destruction as the "greatest market failure"
Even economists are now warning of the consequences. Even from a purely cost-benefit point of view, ecosystems perform great services and provide important goods.
The British economist and government advisor Nicholas Stern describes the environmental destruction caused by climate change as "the greatest market failure the world has ever seen."
Protect habitat for biodiversity with Naturefund!
Author: Alain Zecchini
Alain Zecchini is a science journalist and author of »Le Rhinocéros. Au nom de la corne ", Paris (L’Harmattan) 1998.
More information on the topic:
International species protection agreement
International Day of Biodiversity
- Post offices seal loose envelopes
- Why are alligators used in logos
- 24 Italian is Italian enough
- Know the nature of Bangladesh
- How do I find financial suppliers
- How do Kuluya Games make money
- What is an audio amplifier
- Why are Christains persecuted in the Islamic nation
- What is India's oldest dynasty
- Why are chess tournaments separated by gender
- How does an amplifier work
- How do newborns learn language
- At what time did Arun Jaitley die
- How to download GTA 3
- How should I perform in tomorrow's interview
- Can we expect a reformation in Islam?
- Should a landlord have a key
- Why is life always so unfair
- What is a car book value
- Where does Lastpass save your passwords
- King Saul was saved
- Why does the Aquarian genius not always show itself
- How can I study in the morning
- What Causes Diabetes In Dogs