Is an ecosystem completely self-sufficient
Biosphere 2: One of the worst ideas of the century
As planned, the project was over two years after moving in - failed, as many observers said. "It takes great recognition for these eight people that we were able to walk out of here together at all," said participant Abigail Alling later in an interview. "Human group dynamics" was the greatest challenge in the dome structure, she did not want to name any details.
Shortly after the start of the project, a participant accidentally cut off a fingertip while working on a threshing machine and had to leave the dome to receive treatment. When she came back, contrary to the instructions, she brought two bags full of provisions. Thousands of other little things were brought into the glass house over the two years, including seeds, sleeping pills, and mousetraps.
Theme: outer space
The bionauts managed to feed themselves 88 percent by growing plants and keeping goats and chickens, but they also made use of stored supplies. The biosphere was never completely self-sufficient.
The test subjects also had problems with cockroaches and ants, which spread en masse in the burrow. When the participants came out, they looked pale and emaciated. On average, they lost around 15 percent of their weight in the course of the experiment.
It also emerged that the organizers had installed a kind of carbon dioxide extractor and supplied oxygen from the outside. Life on earth (the biosphere 1) could not be imitated that easily.
- What is the universal waste rule
- Why is Tina Charles wearing a mask?
- Can get AAA discounts on cruises
- How does big data create bias
- How was your experience with Aircrack ng
- Which blouses should I wear when traveling?
- What is 6x6 6 6x6 6
- What is a manual driving car
- Are there creative clubs at SVCE
- How do I find the fourth part
- A static method is overridden
- What are the goals of business psychology
- What are the best podcasts for addiction
- Where can I sell data online
- Where is the best hamburger in Abilene
- Police sirens are unique to each city
- Will composting attract animals
- The content of my Facebook page is growing
- How do you rate analytics quotient
- How many cryptocurrencies are there
- What do you mean by constant amount
- Kaengurus really beat people
- Is uveitis an autoimmune disease
- Has the iPhone failed?
- How do medical staples work
- How can patent trolling be reduced?
- What is the steric effect on the acid content
- How many liters are 3 4 kg
- There were dogs in ancient Greece
- When and how did the talks begin
- What is the best ifunny account
- How do you insulate your attic ceiling
- Which countries use helicopters for medical emergencies?
- How does voting differ from voting?