Hungary uses the euro
Better not to interfere: Hungary only wants 43 percent from EU funds
According to the Hungarian media, by deciding not to apply for cheap loans from the EU fund, Prime Minister Orbán's government wants to avoid a debate with the EU about how the money will be used.
Hungary wants to claim less than half of the money it is entitled to from the EU reconstruction fund. The Hungarian right-wing head of government Viktor Orbán surprisingly announced to EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen that he only wanted to access around 43 percent of the 5800 billion forint (around 16 billion euros) EU reconstruction fund for his country, reported the Hungarian online portal "444 .hu "on Tuesday.
Orbán only wants to access the non-repayable grants of 2,500 billion forints (6.88 billion euros) of the aid package, officially on the grounds that Hungary does not want to go into debt any further. However, the loan of 3300 billion forints (EUR 9.08 billion) to which Hungary is entitled is a cheap loan with low interest rates and a long repayment period. Observers therefore suspect that Orbán's rejection is rather Hungary's unwillingness to discuss how the funds will be used with the EU Commission.
Who decides what to do with the money?
According to information from the online portal "444.hu", Brussels is said to have criticized the Hungarian government for not wanting to use enough funds from the reconstruction fund for country-specific EU recommendations - for example for projects related to the rule of law and the fight against corruption. If Hungary received less money, the Brussels claims would take on different proportions with regard to the country-specific recommendations and the demands of the Hungarian government would gain weight, according to the government's suspicions.
Hungary will submit the plan to the EU Commission in the coming days. The EU Commission then has two months to assess it.
- What do you mean by transverse dimension
- How does social media make you a fool
- What if Gohan was raised by Vegeta
- What is a checkdown in football
- What do we mean by motion graphics
- What is Hunter Biden doing these days
- Can play PowerPoint MP4
- Can the US embassy notarise documents
- What is tenant evacuation service
- What is the need to listen to music
- Alcohol cures the wounds
- How long does the tuberculosis vaccine last?
- How to Find a Bitcoin Block
- What KPIs does Quora
- What is VMI in logistics
- Xanax causes missed periods
- How do you feel about artificial intelligence?
- What kind of person usually buys limos
- What does NGL mean in slang
- Who was Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
- Why do we need inhibitory neurotransmitters
- Can my man love me
- Which company sells backbar underbar equipment
- Is facial whitening effective in the Himalayas
- What Makes a Successful Marriage Successful
- What makes metal 3D printing so expensive
- How are Linux software repositories managed
- Engineers can become successful writers
- Is a version of Superman Outerversal
- How do graduate and undergraduate courses differ?
- What happens when the ArrayList is full
- 3 months stay Vietnam tourist visa
- How can the QA process be improved