What do cooks expect from their cooks
What do cooks do?
Chefs work in the kitchen and service area of hotels, restaurants and pubs. But they don't just cook: They also develop menus and menu suggestions, plan and organize the necessary purchases and the preparation of the respective food. Of course, they know the exact recipes and ingredients for their "creations". Not to be forgotten: you arrange the dishes appetizingly and artistically on the plate, because it is well known that the eyes eat with them.
- know the regulations for food hygiene
- know the prices and delivery conditions for groceries
- work out menus and menu sequences
- plan and organize the purchase of groceries
- control the quality, quantity and price of the goods
- store supplies properly in cold storage rooms and freezers and monitor stocks
- work with many aids that keep them clean and maintain them (knives, for example, have to be sharpened regularly)
- prepare a variety of dishes: soups, starters, meat, fish, sauces, side dishes, desserts, etc.
- take into account nutritional aspects (what is heavy in the stomach? what is easy to digest?)
- inform and advise guests about their range of dishes and make menu suggestions
Chefs work for ...
As a rule, they are also trained there.
Who is the job for?
Applicants should ...
- have a good sense of smell and taste
- Place emphasis on cleanliness and hygiene
- Have fun preparing food
- like to design, garnish and decorate
The training is not suitable ...
- in case of allergies, such as flour dust allergy
What is particularly good?
- the versatile activity (they prepare all kinds of food)
- the visible results of the work
- the opportunity to work anywhere in this profession, even worldwide
- Contact with guests, in the context of menu design
- to be creative
How is the training structured?
In principle, no specific previous training is required for the start of the apprenticeship. Most companies, however, expect a secondary school leaving certificate, some also require a technical college entrance qualification (Mittlere Reife). The training period is three years. A medical certificate is required.
The amount of the apprenticeship allowance is very different depending on the economic sector and region, sometimes even depending on the company. The respective collective bargaining partners, i.e. the employers' associations and trade unions, agree on how much you will earn during and after your training. They can give you precise information. You can find out which employers' association or trade union is responsible for your training occupation from your Chamber of Commerce and Industry, from the professional association or from the local employment agency.
What can I do with my job later?
Vocational training is the first step towards professional life. Then it goes on, for example with a stay abroad to get to know new dishes. One thing is clear: nobody has to do the same thing in the same job all their life. On the contrary: Anyone who wants to have good chances on the job market or as a self-employed entrepreneur today has to be flexible and receive regular further training. After your apprenticeship, you can quickly reach positions of responsibility in the hospitality industry, for example as a department chef or sauce chef.
The following training courses are possible:
- Specialization z. B. on diets, desserts or nutrition
- Trainer (responsible for training apprentices, trainer aptitude test is also part of the master craftsman’s examination)
- Chef de cuisine
... put together menu plans, buy groceries, prepare meals, advise guests on menu planning for festivities.
Particularly good is ...
... the versatile activity and the creative work.
Applicants should ...
... have a good sense of smell and taste, like to prepare, garnish and decorate food.
Who is training?
Hotels and restaurants, pubs and canteens, sanatoriums
Duration of training?
Earnings during training and at work?
Information on this is provided by the chamber, employment agency, professional association, employers' association and trade union
e.g .: master chef, specializing in diets, desserts, nutrition
- Which cell phone will you buy next
- What is the view of subjectivism
- Does a man need a girlfriend
- Engineering, which country urgently needs engineers
- How to clean the keypad
- Soldiers choose their own weapons
- How do animals adapt to desert life?
- Is BHMS good for girls
- What is the best alternative to PersistIQ
- Is there a free will or a predestination 1
- What do your eyebrows look like
- What is the future of phage therapy
- How can I speed up the Magento administrator
- What is Ramanujam's number
- What technology will Bluetooth replace
- What are the ten steps for glycolysis
- What is your best cinema experience
- What is 3 5 divided by 3
- What is the best mattress among S1000
- Is vaping allowed in US prisons?
- What would happen without novels
- What time does the evening start?
- How are the beaches in San Juan
- What do people want but don't need