Can Cem Uzan travel to Turkey
politics : Broadcasting break for the Berlusconi of Turkey
He is filthy rich, he controls newspapers and television stations, and he is striving for power with a right-wing populist party: Critics call the entrepreneur Cem Uzan the “Turkish Berlusconi” because, like the Italian prime minister, he mixes business and political ambitions. The government in Ankara regards Uzan's “Genc Parti” (Young Party) as a direct competitor - and has now stolen two companies and a bank from the rival in a short time. On Friday, she also threatened to dispossess the Uzan family. Five TV channels in Uzan were banned from broadcasting for one month, and criminal proceedings are pending against the entrepreneur. Should the political competition be sidelined here?
The government rejects this. The fact that the two Uzan companies Cukurova and Kepez were placed under state administration a few weeks ago has nothing to do with party politics, she says. Now the Uzans have also lost one of their banks, the "Imar Bankasi": The - legally independent - Turkish banking supervisory authority took control there on Friday and declared that the Uzan Bank was in acute financial difficulties. Politics played no role in this either, the government said. Uzan sees it very differently. The opponents of the Genc Parti were uncomfortable with Uzan's growing popularity, the party railed.
The Genc Parti missed the election in November with 7.25 percent in parliament, which is only possible from ten percent. Nevertheless, Prime Minister Erdogan is said to have internally described the Uzan party as the most dangerous competitor of his AKP. Like the AKP, the 42-year-old Uzan targets the right-wing conservative and religious segment of the electorate in Turkey. He railed against the International Monetary Fund and asked for more money for the farmers. And he knows where to meet the pious Muslim Erdogan. A few days after the first intervention against his company, Uzan attacked the head of government at a party event in Bursa as a “godless guy”: “What kind of Muslim are you? You have become an unbeliever! ”Erdogan immediately reported Uzan. In addition, the broadcasting supervisory authority has now banned five Uzan television stations from broadcasting for one month because they had repeatedly served their boss's bursa speech to their viewers.
- What are the three sources of CO2
- 9 42 to 2 decimal places
- Eat vampires
- Productivity and concentration mean success
- Can I smoke weed on Yom Kippur
- Lung nodules cause breathing problems
- Why is Jimin from BTS so popular
- What are some unknown facts about calcium
- Who was Tobit in the Bible
- How can I survive in the UK
- What's your favorite Synthwave song
- What are the tourist destinations in Punjab
- Does biology exist without physics
- Which artist sings the song This Kiss
- How is Sector 14 in Gurgaon
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo's best skill
- Why does Hibernate ORM require a transaction
- Can you tell me something about the Maldives
- Are there working lighthouses in America?
- Can we live seriously
- How did you learn to use Lightroom
- How useful is big data
- How does a vampire make a person
- How is Farm Town different from FarmVille