Where does Bologna come from
Bologna, read: Bolonja, is a city in Italy. It is the capital of the Emilia-Romagna region in northern Italy. Bologna is located on the Reno River, which flows into the eastern Mediterranean. The approximately 400,000 inhabitants of the city call themselves Bolognesi, i.e. Bolonjesi.
The city of Bologna was founded about 2600 years ago by the Etruscans, an ancient people from Italy. At that time it was still called Felsina. Later it was conquered first by the Celts and then by the Romans. This gave it the Latin name Bononia, which later became Bologna. The Romans built an amphitheater, an aqueduct, and much more.
After the fall of the Roman Empire, Bologna only became important again in the High Middle Ages. In the 11th century it was the seventh largest city in Europe. High stone towers were built for the many residents: the so-called gender towers. The name comes from the fact that each rich family, i.e. each sex, had its own tower. The gender towers not only served as a dwelling, but also as a defense against enemies. Despite this, Bologna was conquered by the Pope's army around 1500. After that it belonged to the Papal States until the founding of the Kingdom of Italy.
Today the region around Bologna is one of the richest in Italy. Among other things, luxury cars, expensive clothing, machines and food are manufactured. Bologna is a university city. The “Università di Bologna” is considered to be the oldest university in Europe. It was founded in 1088. Today it has more than 80,000 students and enjoys a good reputation worldwide. Bologna is also famous for its cuisine. The ragù alla bolognese, the tomato sauce with meat, is just one of the city's specialties.
There are also other search results for “Bologna” from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- K1 visa and status adjustment
- Why do people put equality over freedom
- How is the employee turnover at Oracle
- What does thorium do
- Can you call god the father
- What is Roy Clark's most successful song
- What is the most indestructible material
- What happened to the Nordic men
- How is asphalt different from bitumen?
- Is Goodlife Milk Safe
- What can we learn from Buddhist people
- What is the area of the region
- A free electron is a black hole
- What is the Kronig Penney model
- Why can't Pakistan contain terrorism?
- How to say crazy in Spanish
- What is an inbox
- I live in california
- A warped pan affects the cooking
- Which operator in C cannot be overloaded
- What Causes Diabetes In Dogs
- What is the Six Sigma Belt Course
- Where can I buy Fluke test equipment
- Was Nostradamus a fraud