Will the Pune subway ever be sanctioned?
Conflicts of Interest in Medicine
Conflicts of interest in medicine can lead to biased research results and incorrect evaluations. The result is often that the benefits of medical measures are overestimated and possible damage is underestimated. This jeopardizes the best possible treatment for patients.
The first German-language book on conflicts of interest in medicine addresses fundamental questions:
- What is a conflict of interest and how do you determine it?
- How do conflicts of interest work?
- How can a conflict of interest be distinguished from corruption?
- How should one deal with conflicts of interest?
The authors provide information on the many facets of conflicts of interest and their effects in research, health care, training, further education and training, as well as for medical journals and medical journalism, and want to bring the subject closer to a broad specialist public.
- Klaus Lieb
- David Klemperer
- Wolf-Dieter Ludwig
- 1. Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy University Medicine MainzMainz
- 2. German Network for Evidence-Based Medicine, Faculty of Applied Social Sciences, University of Regensburg, Regensburg
- 3. Clinic for Hematology, Oncology and Tumor Immunology HELIOS Klinikum Berlin-BuchBerlin
- 4th Medicines Commission of the German Medical Association Berlin
About the editors
Prof. Dr. Klaus Lieb, Mainz University Medical Center.
Prof. Dr. David Klemperer, German Network Evidence-Based Medicine e. V., Regensburg.
Prof. Dr. Wolf-Dieter Ludwig, Medicines Commission of the German Medical Association, Berlin.
- Book TitleConflicts of Interest in Medicine
- Book SubtitleBackgrounds and possible solutions
- EditorsKlaus Lieb
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-19842-7
- Copyright InformationSpringer Berlin Heidelberg2011
- Publisher NameSpringer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook PackagesMedicine (German Language)
- Hardcover ISBN978-3-642-19841-0
- eBook ISBN978-3-642-19842-7
- Edition Number1
- Number of PagesVIII, 300
- Number of Illustrations12 b / w illustrations, 1 illustrations in color
- TopicsMedicine / Public Health, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- What can you draw from memory
- How do Delhiites perceive Arvind Kejriwal
- What are the best video game cards
- What are some facts about the Bermuda Triangle
- Make caves good shelters
- Dragons have super powers
- How are mass and density connected?
- Do any cultures still mummify their dead?
- Why do anthropologists study primitive society
- What does Jesus think of Hanuman
- Why do I survive
- How do you get a big booty
- Truck drivers use cruise control
- Can you monetize fair usage
- Are nirvana and enlightenment the same thing
- How can we work towards personality development
- Are there patient reviews for online therapy
- What causes pain under your cheekbones
- What is the unstoppable force paradox mistake
- What does Gaelic mean
- What is meant by breathing
- How can you get an EIN number
- What is a data center switch
- What does Sara Manar think of Turkey?