Why are Confederate flags still popular?
Explained: The Capitol Towerers' hatred symbols
The bizarre appearance of some of the insurgents may also be puzzling to many - for example the "QAnon shaman". In his appearance he was far removed from the disciplined masses associated with Hitler's brown shirts, for example. But this treacherous combination of silliness and fascism is something very American and has its roots in the Ku Klux Klan. Its members disguised themselves as "ghosts" in white hoods and robes in order to intimidate African-Americans who were considered uneducated and superstitious. Klan members also disguise themselves as rogues and even minstrels to mock their victims, says Talia Lavin, author of Culture Warlords: My Journey Into the Dark Web of White Supremacy.
“Above all, it provided cover for their political allies. They could dismiss the Klan members as frivolous, even though they knew how serious the violence was. And it was an additional mockery for their victims, ”she says.
“You're kind of like: 'We're just kidding, okay?. Just like the Proud Boys say: 'We only drink together.' As if. "
Acronyms from the shadows of the internet are also used. Some rioters wore patches that read WWG1WGA, which means "Where we go one, we go all"Stands, in German something like" Where one of us goes, we all go ". It is a message of solidarity between the followers of QAnon, the conspiracy theory centered on the belief that the world's elite are Satan worshipers who murder children and drink their blood. In December, a photographer shot a Proud Boy walking the streets of D.C. marched while wearing a T-shirt with the lettering 6MWE: "Six million were not enough", In German" Six million were not enough ". The man's shirt proclaims that the Holocaust is not over yet.
- What can you draw from memory
- Does technology affect our life skills
- How does Manipal allocate advice centers
- Which business has no competition?
- Which engineering branch mainly contains mathematics
- Who wrote the film Breaking In
- What Causes Diabetes In Dogs
- Is beef chorizo better than regular chorizo
- Can people give ultrasound
- Sociopaths see people as objects
- What is Google X exactly
- Has a song changed your political beliefs?
- What is an innocent empath
- Why do you enjoy entertaining people
- Who are some great living political speakers
- What is William Loyd's Garrison
- What is an impact wrench
- What are repositories in Ubuntu Linux
- What is the ionic charge of potassium
- Will Mars have really slow internet
- What is meant by breathing
- What is Rajapalayam famous for
- Why can't democracy be absolute
- What does Judaism say about Jewish apostates?