Can someone with psoriasis donate plasma?
Reasons for exclusion that speak against a stem cell donation
The criteria mentioned here are intended to give you a rough overview of whether you are in principle eligible as a blood stem cell donor. In the case of a specifically planned donation, a doctor will decide whether you will be approved as a donor, weighing the health risks for the donor and recipient.
People between the ages of 18 and 40 can be included in the donor database.
On the 61st birthday, the data in the Central Bone Marrow Donor Register (ZKRD) will be deleted. The donor is then no longer available.
Underweight: the weight should not be less than 50 kg
Overweight: a body mass index> 40 can also be a reason for exclusion
- Cardiovascular diseases
z. B. after a heart attack, cardiac arrhythmias requiring treatment, coronary artery disease, bypass operations
- Disorders of the blood, blood clotting system or blood vessels
Blood clotting disorder, e.g. B. Hemophilia A (hemophilia), Marcumar treatment, congenital defects e.g. thalassemia, sickle cell anemia, aplastic anemia, spherocytosis, hereditary diseases of the blood or immune system
- Respiratory diseases
z. B. severe asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary embolism
- Severe kidney disease
z. B. glomerulonephritis, renal insufficiency, cystic kidneys
- Severe tropical infectious diseases
z. B. Malaria
- Infectious diseases
z. B. hepatitis B or C, HIV infection, unhealed sexually transmitted diseases such as syphilis or gonorrhea (also of a sexual partner), protozoonoses, salmonella permanent eliminators, osteomyelitis (inflammation of the bone marrow)
- Diseases of the psyche and the central nervous system
z. B. schizophrenia, psychoses, multiple sclerosis, Creutzfeld-Jakob disease
- Malignant diseases
Cancer, even if a previous illness is considered to be cured
- Autoimmune System Disorders
z. B. rheumatoid arthritis, collagenoses (e.g. scleroderma), Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, Addison's disease, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, lupus erythematosus, Sjörgen's syndrome, vasculitis
- Endocrine gland disorders
z. B. Diabetes mellitus type I, non-insulin-dependent type II diabetics can donate
- After an organ transplant or foreign tissue transplant
e.g. Kidney, liver, heart, skin, cornea, meninges, transplantation with a tissue or organ of human or animal origin
- Presence of an addiction disease
z. B. alcohol, medication, drugs
- Growth hormones / pituitary hormones
after treatment with growth hormones
- Reasons that require a temporary deferral
- Epilepsies (at least 3 years untreated, seizure-free)
- severe kidney disease (e.g. acute glomerulonephritis), 5 years
- Rheumatic fever, 2 years (if no chronic heart disease was the result, otherwise permanent exclusion)
- Tuberculosis, 2 years
- Pregnancy / miscarriage, 6 months after birth or until the end of breastfeeding
- Operations, usually 6 months
- Endoscopy / biopsy with flexible instruments, 6 months
- Transfusions of foreign blood, plasma derivatives or other blood products, 6 months
- Borreliosis, after borreliosis has healed, donations can be made
- Diseases that require individual clarification
- Allergies: The entire field of allergies is usually not a reason for exclusion. Very severe allergies or special allergies to drugs and certain substances can, however, lead to exclusion.
- Asthma: Severe asthma is a reason for exclusion, mild asthma is acceptable.
- High blood pressure: Medically controlled high blood pressure is acceptable.
If you are not sure whether you are a suitable donor, please contact us.
Tel. 02102 123 753 804
- Why is impedance matching important
- Is it hard to learn jazz guitar
- Does Obamacare cover life insurance
- Which element has 17 protons
- Control hormones over sexual behavior
- How did Galen treat mental disorders
- How is psychological harassment demonstrated
- What is video transcription
- What are the tourist attractions in Guangzhou
- What can you draw from memory
- Android applications What is the context in Android
- Why do people smoke in casinos
- In Beowulf, which is considered a caesur
- What do electricity helicopters do
- What are loan terms and amortization
- How can I read a spectrogram
- What is the best museum in Miami
- What is the point of e-scooters
- What Are Some Good Butter Chicken Recipes
- How can I download Nedgraphic Texcelle
- Is the writing speed important for the coding?
- Is the TFI experience satisfactory
- What does Erie
- South Indians prefer Aiims Delhi