Why do liquids boil in open space
The process of heating and boiling the liquids. Persistence of the free heat of the steam of boiling water. Fixed, volatile bodies. Gas. Steam. Permanent, coërcible gases
Chemico-Pharmaceutical Education pp 28-32 | Cite as
The vapors rising from a boiling liquid generally have the same amount of free heat that the boiling liquid exhibits. A liquid which boils under normal atmospheric pressure, i.e. in an open vessel, cannot be brought to a temperature above its boiling point by further heating. Whatever more heat flows into it is used as latent heat to form the steam. With a stronger fire we cannot raise the boiling point, but we can accelerate and increase the formation of steam. If this happens to the fullest extent, the liquid boils over in narrow vessels as a result of the rapid and increased formation of vapor bubbles, it rises out of the cooking vessel. Take a test glass in hand, fill it halfway with water and hold it by means of a test glass holder, after warming up with the lower end, without any movement, in a spirit flame. Immediately smaller steam bubbles begin to rise from the bottom of the glass, the water boils, the steam bubbles become bigger and bigger and finally so big and fast that they throw most of the water out of the sample glass. By gently moving and shaking the water, the formation of large steam bubbles is disturbed, and small steam bubbles only cause the water column to stir gently. Therefore, if you want to boil liquids in test glasses, always heat them with a flame while moving the glasses back and forth.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors and Affiliations
There are no affiliations available
- What does reckless efficiency mean?
- How is mess food at NIT Kurukshetra
- How much is GitHub worth
- Why do electrical sparks cause radio interference
- What are the main parts of the nervous system
- What is the hardest cake to make
- How are inner feet fixed with pigeon toes?
- How and where did Heath Ledger die
- How common is bullying at Japanese universities?
- Why is sexual harassment not a crime?
- Would you live in a yurt
- How can I learn the cello
- How is AngularJS different from Angular 7
- What's the best cell phone at 15000
- How can I fail a test?
- Through which countries does the motorway go?
- Should a Christian see a psychologist as a psychiatrist
- What Consumers Should Know About Online Therapy
- Memorizing our memories improves
- What is the set of SAS rule
- Are copper roofs expensive
- Does political participation make a difference?
- What are the disadvantages of financial derivatives
- Who are the consultants on Quora