How big is a pool table
Snooker table and its dimensions
Larger than the other pool tables
The basis of every game of billiards is the pool table, but it is not always the same. For the carom you need a table without pockets, for pool billiards one with pockets and for snooker as well, only the snooker table, as the billiard table is called in this type of billiards, is larger, significantly larger.
Snooker table: largest pool table
A pool table has a length of 2.54 meters and can be found not only in the relevant clubs, but also in restaurants as an additional offer for food and drinks. The snooker table clearly exceeds this dimension, because it is 3.5 meters long and therefore almost one meter longer. The rules state that the playing area must be 3.569 x 1.778 meters - with a tolerance of +/- 13 mm. That is also the reason why a coffee house is more likely to find a table for pool billiards than the long snooker table - if only because of the dimensions and the requirements for the space where the table is to be set up.
Length and width are also the reason why the professionals on television and of course also amateurs and hobby players on site sometimes have to lean over the table in order to even reach the ball with the cue. There is support with the auxiliary cue, and the shaft extension is also an option.
A height of 85.1 to 87.6 centimeters is provided. The snooker table is built very solidly so that there are no involuntary movements, which would be very problematic in billiards if the balls move and the game situation changes. It has six pockets, four at the corners and two along the longitudinal lines in the middle, which serve to catch the holed balls.
Facilities at the snooker table
Details of the snooker table are the head line up to which the ball may be positioned when playing, the D, which points from the head line in the direction of the short headband and thus indicates an area in which the ball may be placed, for example for the first stroke in a frame and there are the points that indicate where the colored balls have their root position.
Also important are the spots that mark the points where the balls of the respective color have to be put down again after they have been pitted. There is therefore a general spot or black spot for the black ball, a center spot for the blue ball, a pyramid spot as a pink spot or the brown spot.
- Blogger owns your content
- What is a 8257 microprocessor DMA controller
- What plan does Cersei have for Daenerys
- What is Roy Clark's most successful song
- Has kidnapped Hades Persephone
- Is it possible to rationalize obsessive regrets?
- What does Gaelic mean
- Art is important in science
- Boys go swimming in Sweden
- What do you think of Peyton Manning
- Do you prefer Metallica or Linkin Park
- Are angels dead
- We could leave the earth without oil
- Tata Sky is a digital TV converter
- Can a Chamaeleon kill a snake
- Is CERN kidding
- Lung nodules cause breathing problems
- How is biphenyl made from benzene
- Arguments are just someone's subjective thinking
- When should you book senior portraits
- Isn't Tokyo the capital of Japan?
- Do you want to do repetitive work
- When does a text become literary?
- Is the Audi A4 a sports car