What is raw data
Why do raw data deviate from the representative results?
The raw data is the simple clicks. In theory, multiple votes are also possible here. In contrast, only the voting results of registered users are included in the calculation of the representative data. In addition, these are weighted according to the population average of Germany, that is: each population group is taken into account according to its percentage of the total population (for nationwide surveys).
If raw data and representative data deviate significantly from one another, there can be various reasons: For example, it can mean that many voters have not registered. Or that there was a bias in certain factors. For example, because a lot of voices came from a certain region. However, we only consider each region according to its proportion of the total population. This ensures that the opinion of a Cologne citizen, for example, does not count more than the opinion of a Frankfurt woman. A simple example: 80 percent of men take part in a survey, but only 20 percent of women. So that the voices of men are not disproportionately significant (because the gender distribution is fairly even in Germany), the voices of women have to be taken into account a little more and those of men accordingly less so, so that in the end just as many women as men to speak. This process is called weighting.
The more controversial the opinions of different population groups on a topic (e.g. supporters of different parties or different age groups), the higher the likelihood that raw data will differ significantly from representative data. For topics where all Germans have a more or less similar opinion, the raw data will more likely correspond to the representative results.
Further information on the subject can be found in our methodological explanations.
- What are the modern knitting patterns
- Could cephalopods develop beyond intelligence on a human level
- Why configurations are needed
- There is an ambulance for trees
- Which is the most toxic drug
- Which is better Tata Sky or Videocon
- What is the basic table etiquette
- What really happened to the Maya civilization
- How are law and philosophy similar?
- Donald Trump is broke
- San Francisco is anti-Christian
- How do I eliminate my self-esteem
- What's the best book on derivatives
- What is happening in Deiyai Papua Indonesia
- The military still has canteens
- What is the Illuminati in a sentence
- What is the critical micelle concentration CMC
- Is the Tencent PUBG emulator safe
- How can I go to Comic Con
- Would you invest in startups in Africa
- What is an example of a national company
- Are pandas built on NumPy
- Everything is cheaper at Costco
- What are the top 10 tragedy books
- How big can the memory of a computer be?
- Exists YouTube
- Is PUBG prohibited in VIT
- Acquires Shivaji knowledge
- What is your rating of investment casting
- How can mirrors be recycled
- How long is a newborn baby
- How can I read a spectrogram
- When do stockbrokers make losses
- Is poutine really that tasty