What are your favorite intellectually stimulating podcasts
Despair and hatred turned into a good book
With a height of 2.02 meters, Thomas Raab from Graz claims to be the largest living author in the world. The crossover between literature and science studied natural sciences, worked with Oswald Wiener and was called "cognitive researcher". Unsurprisingly, his books, such as the novel "Behavior" (2004), are not conventional narrative works, but satirical discussions of literary conventions and reader expectations. Most recently, Raab emerged as editor of the "New Anthology of Black Humor", which updated that of the surrealist André Breton.
The Ritter-Verlag has now published a new volume of what is far too little perceived by the literary business. In the afterword, Raab names what fueled the work on the consistently short texts: hatred and despair. They were created over a long period of time as a private battle; publication was not initially planned. It's good that things turned out differently, because the reading is both intellectually stimulating and a mischievous pleasure.
"Bobophon" follows city dwellers on their way and contrasts them - hence the subtitle "Lehrfabeln" - with the behavior of animals. In the opening text "single-celled as a designer, understood" Raab introduces the milieu. Organic baker, fashion designer, network designer or stock manager - they all have one thing in common: only those who constantly reinvent themselves can remain competitive.
You know these types and sometimes recognize yourself. However, Raab's descriptions are not just apt and full of bad humor, they are deeply melancholy. About the network designer, who has just landed a lucrative project, it is said: "He will have to go to bed this morning in order to tackle his big undertaking tomorrow, the remuneration of which will ensure his survival for six months."
Despite all the sadness, only one thing helps: carry on! This imperative also applies to Thomas Raab.
- What is the purpose of ASMR
- Should be trusted girls for love marriage
- How to plant apple seeds
- Why do elephants hit their ears?
- Can water be stored in mountains
- What is a good pop music band
- What do piezoelectric sensors give as an output
- How does Israel see France
- How does fertilization take place in the flower
- Are Tangotaenzer snob
- What does INTPs not care
- You can buy peanuts with the oil removed
- Are Japanese-American parents tiger parents
- What are the principles of media marketing
- Why is my Stripe account not working
- What does rogue tongue mean
- What's the best alternative to Playbuzz
- Is it worth playing video games
- How is histology different from cytology?
- When does the math notation suck
- What is a compression wave in physics
- Why do I get bored with age
- What are some smart actors in Bollywood
- What can Smalltalk not be used for?
- Is it necessary to take CSAT coaching
- How can I do network marketing
- What is the shape of the MgI2 molecule
- Helps drinking water AFib
- What is the future of everything
- Why did Samsung stop producing laptops
- Has supported Haiti slave uprisings in America
- How to buy Fallout 76
- Will engineering 2020 have a scope