Hockey is the national sport of India
The best known, most played Indian sports are:
Although Kabaddi is primarily an Indian game, not many know the origin of the game. The game is 4000 years old and a team sport. It is also known in Nepal, Bankadesh, Sri Lanka, Japan, and Pakistan. Two teams of twelve players each play on a field of 12.5mx 10m, which consists of two halves. The game lasts 20 minutes. The most important people are three referees, two linesmen and a timer.
Cricket has a longer history than other team games. Today the game is not played as hard as it was 250 years ago. Like hockey, cricket was brought to the subcontinent by the British. There is evidence that cricket was played in India in the earliest times of the 18th century. In the early 19th century, cricket was played in the cities of Bombay, Calcutta and Madras. India played their first official Test against England in 1932.
The birthplace of the game of hockey is Asia and Persia. It is said that Greeks and Romans played hockey, but nothing is known exactly about the way they played. Modern hockey, as invented in England, is very similar to games that were once very popular in the British Isles and there is no doubt that the direct ancestors of hockey are the Scottish Shinty, the English and Welsh bandy and the Irish hurling. One of the earliest refinements was the prohibition on lifting the club above shoulder height. The first hockey club was founded in Calcutta in 1885-1886.
Kho Kho is one of the most popular and traditional sports in India. The rules were established at the beginning of the twentieth century. In the years 1959-60, the first national Kho Kho championship was organized in Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh). Kho - Kho can be played by men, women and children of all ages and lasts no more than 37 minutes. The best kho kho players are Shri Shekhar Dharwadkar, Shri Shrirangmandar, Usha Nagadar, Nilima Sarolkar and Achala Devare.
The history of the game is varied and can be traced far back into the past. Linguists think that the name tennis comes from the French word 'tenez'. Others associate the word tennis with an Egyptian city on the Nile called Tinnis in Arabic. Crusaders brought tennis to Europe in the 12th century. The English word 'racket' comes from the Arabic word 'rahat', which translates as the palm of the hand. After 1800 the game became famous in Europe and the rules were established. In 1877 the game was finally completely standardized
- Can become an engineer lawyer in India
- Can you bathe in the sewage
- What is the theory of jazz
- What is a professional golfer
- What is the hardest major at Princeton
- What is the best WordPress plugin for linking
- What is the strangest custom that you have seen abroad
- What are the best dropshippers in India
- What is meant by inch diameter
- What does the word LUKU
- Personal loan for medical expenses
- Why are Swiss watches so expensive
- Is Katie Perry Islamophobic
- How accurate is the radiocarbon dating
- Are dates healthy
- Who is Roger Federer
- Are film actors in India overwhelmed
- What are the goals of wealth maximization
- What is the Binance Coin Price Prediction
- Why is Intel fighting against AMD
- How to say biblical in Hebrew
- Blogger owns your content
- Who is Ranveer Singh
- What is infinity in a finite body