What are the limitations in PostgreSQL
Limitations for PostgreSQL Hyperscale with Azure Arc support
- 2 minutes to read
This article describes the limitations for PostgreSQL Hyperscale with Azure Arc support.
Save and recover
- Point-in-time recovery (for example, recovery to a specific date and time) in the same server group is not supported. When performing a point-in-time restore, you must use a different server group that you provisioned before the restore. After restoring to the new server group, you can delete the original server group.
- Restoring the entire contents of a backup (as opposed to restoring to a point in time) to the same server group is supported for PostgreSQL version 12. Due to a limitation of the PostgreSQL engine regarding timelines, this is not supported for PostgreSQL version 11. To restore the entire contents of a backup copy for a server group under PostgreSQL version 11, you must use a different server group for the process.
Hosting more than one database in a server group is not supported.
Managing users and roles is not supported. For now, keep using the Postgres standard user.
Roles and responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities between Microsoft and its customers differ for Azure PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) and Azure hybrid services (e.g. PostgreSQL Hyperscale with Azure Arc support).
frequently asked Questions
The table below summarizes the answers to frequently asked questions about support roles and responsibilities.
|question||Azure PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service)||Azure Arc Hybrid Services|
|Who is providing the infrastructure?||Microsoft||customer|
|Who is providing the software by? *||Microsoft||Microsoft|
|Who will run the business?||Microsoft||customer|
|Does Microsoft offer SLAs?||Yes||No|
|Who is responsible for the SLAs?||Microsoft||customer|
* Azure services
Why isn't Microsoft providing SLAs on Azure Arc Hybrid Services? The reason is that Microsoft does not own and operate the infrastructure. This is different for customers.
- Is Israel a blessed land
- Do hyenas have animal friends
- ERPNext is free
- What are the cons of gambling
- What are core countries 1
- What are pneumonia symptoms in babies
- How do you say publicly in Italian
- Where can I download geetha govindam film
- How do you test for EQ
- What happens in NASCAR
- Can I keep secrets from an INTJ
- What is constipation What is diarrhea
- Who discovered acetic acid
- What is a domain name server
- How does a gravity catapult work
- BS Chemistry is a pre-med course
- What happened to prisoners during Hurricane Katrina?
- Why does canned food taste so terrible
- Which electronic devices can a magnet damage?
- What is a denormalized floating point value
- Is concrete itself waterproof
- Is BHMS good for girls
- Oceans run into rivers
- Did dinosaurs have the good fortune to be extinct?