What are the stores that Amazon has
Amazon: shops in Germany possible, unions unnecessary
The internet giant Amazon is playing with the idea of running stationary stores in Germany as well. Amazon knows that customers shop offline and like diversity, said Amazon Germany boss Ralf Kleber to the World on sunday. However, he left it open when or with which concept Amazon wants to enter offline retailing in Germany.
In the USA, Amazon already operates several stationary stores under the name "Amazon Go". The partially automated shops manage without cash registers. In the store, cameras automatically record which goods customers are taking with them. When you leave the store, you pay via the app.
In addition, the organic market chain "Whole Foods Market" belongs to Amazon, which not only has stores in the USA but also in Canada and Great Britain. In Germany, Amazon has so far only operated temporary pop-up stores in order to be offline on certain occasions - such as Christmas.
Regardless of whether stationary Amazon stores will come to Germany or not: Amazon does not want to work with unions like ver.di. Kleber sees no need to cooperate with third parties here, writes the World on sunday. The manager told the newspaper: "You should get rid of the idea that you can only be a socially just employer if you belong to a certain association."
According to the Germany boss, the company has elected works councils, offers good training and career opportunities and pays decent salaries. The service union ver.di has been fighting for years at Amazon Germany for a collective agreement on retail conditions and for higher wages - most recently again at Christmas time.
Shopping by voice
Kleber also told the newspaper that Amazon wants to spread purchases more via voice-controlled systems such as the in-house Alexa. Alexa should make it easier for customers to use different devices and services. In order to promote the spread of the system, the smart loudspeaker Echo Dot is being sold at tactical low prices: "Amazon has never made a secret of the fact that you don't have to immediately realize the full profit margin with all electronic devices," said Kleber. (Syt)Read comments (244) Go to homepage
- What can I do 42
- Is the insurance industry ready for disruption
- What does open innovation mean
- Pays more for an MBA after engineering
- Should I do a physics degree?
- What Pixar did besides movies
- How do you celebrate a farewell party
- How does privacy disappear online
- How important is your portfolio
- How is dark brown bread made
- What are some good quirky songs
- Why is my Stripe account not working
- Pakistan is getting richer or poorer
- How does religious indoctrination work so well
- What does 2133 MHz
- Where is information about VidCon available
- How long do nanoparticles stay on?
- Lyndon Johnson was a tyrant
- How can a culture be contaminated
- How do I reach true consciousness
- You can drill a hole in glass
- What is realistic positive thinking
- How do men suffering from cancer show love
- What do you mean by running age