How could DCEU re-cast Ben Affleck's Batman
Declaration of war on Marvel: This is DC plans from 2022
While Marvel swings from one phase to the next, not that much happens in DC. So it is high time to strengthen the in-house film universe. Now Warner Bros. has spoken out and announced the plans and films from 2022. The core message is clear: Hey, you at Marvel - dress warmly!
In an interview with the New York Times, Walter Hamada from Warner Bros. spoke about the DC films planned for the future. Accordingly, the film studio plans to release six DC films a year from 2022, four big blockbusters and two with a lower budget.
DC films on HBO Max or in the cinema?
The rather inexpensive productions should run on HBO Max, the blockbusters are still in the cinema. Series spin-offs from the major film series are also produced for HBO Max, for example the eight-episode series "Peacemaker" with John Cena as a spin-off from "Suicide Squad". “The Batman” with Robert Pattinson is also supposed to get a spin-off.
What's next for the Justice League and Zack Snyder?
What should surprise many fans: Zack Snyder, whose new version of “Justice League” was eagerly awaited in 2021, has no future at DC. After the Snyder-Cut, the star director has no further projects in the works at DC and a Justice League 2 is not yet in planning.
This is behind the idea of the DC multiverse
Also exciting new information: DC has decided, unlike Marvel, to forego a coherent film universe. Instead, Warner Bros. relies on a multiverse similar to the Arrowverse on the US broadcaster The CW. The advantage: For example, several Jokers can exist at the same time, Arthur Fleck from Joaquin Phoenix as well as Jared Leto's Joker in Suicide Squad.
You can adjust to these Batmans
At the end of 2020, the Batman news was going crazy. While it was actually clear that Robert Pattinson would be the next Batman, the names of his predecessors Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck suddenly appeared again.
This is how it will go on: Robert Pattinson slips into the costume of the dark avenger for the first time in The Batman and is supposed to start an entire Batman franchise. At the same time, Keaton and Affleck are supposed to resume their Batman roles in the upcoming solo film "The Flash". Here they are supposed to embody different versions of the superhero, similar to what the MCU is planning for "Spider-Man 3". Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire are supposed to come back as Spideys - the parallel universes make it possible.
The Flash is coming, but without the cyborg
The Flash, the first solo film of the fast superhero - with Ezra Miller in the lead role, should be essential for the future of DC. His previous history was touched on in Justice League, now he is said to be alone in the spotlight. Although it won't be easy, because with Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck he will have two real heavyweights at his side. It remains to be seen whether they really steal the show from him.
The Flash is central to the DC Multiverse because it connects the different worlds with one another. Accordingly, characters like Wonder Woman and Aquaman are still on the move in the DC world we know, while new characters like Pattinson Batman live in a different world.
By the way: Actually Ray Fisher aka Cyborg should also appear in The Flash, but these plans have been canceled. Background: The actor refuses to work under Warner Bros. boss Hamada again. Fisher had denounced the bad working atmosphere on the Justice League set under Joss Whedon several times in the past. The role of the cyborg will not be re-cast - the character should be written out of the film.
The rumors of Cyborg recasting are a lie, Cyborg is not in The Flash and the role is not being recast. I've confirmed this with the studio. The rumor is FALSE.
- Mark Hughes (@markhughesfilms) January 5, 2021
Upcoming DC films
- Suicide Squad 2 (In theaters: August 4, 2021)
- Black Adam (theatrical release: July 29, 2022)
- The Batman (Release: March 4, 2022)
- The Flash (in theaters November 4, 2022)
- Aquaman 2 (theatrical release: December 6, 2022)
- Shazam! 2: Fury of the Gods (In theaters June 2, 2023)
- Wonder Woman 3 (planned, no theatrical release known yet)
- Batgirl (planned, no theatrical release known yet)
- Nightwing (planned, no theatrical release known yet)
- Green Lantern Corps (planned, no theatrical release known yet)
What do you think of the film plans? Can DC hold a candle to the MCU? Write us your opinion!
You might also be interested in:
- Multiple backgrounds on one page websites
- Is cyclohexene polar
- What is meant by the Arctic
- Is Amazon good to its employees
- Drinking makes the wounds bleed more
- The military still has canteens
- Do animals have muscle memories?
- Are research questionnaires viewed as intellectual races
- Can we control magnetic fields
- How does winter wheat grow?
- How do the climatic conditions change
- Can a house lizard survive in water?
- Why can't I boot from USB?
- What is linguistic morphology
- How dangerous is a Belcher's sea serpent
- Can you share your running pictures
- Could old WhatsApp conversations be restored?
- You can of course be thin and busty
- Which pronouns does German have
- What is a parity flag in 8085
- Is Kanye West weird
- What's your rating of Coolwinks
- What is the best speed polka band
- How do you say tribe in Hausa