What are alcoholic beverages in science
Because of digestive schnapps
A total of 20 study participants between the ages of 23 and 58 had eaten 200 grams of melted cheese each with 100 grams of bread. While some of the test subjects were given a glass of white wine with their meal, the others drank the same amount of black tea. 90 minutes after the meal, the test subjects either tipped a glass of schnapps or drank the same amount of water. In order to find out how quickly the food ingested was digested, the researchers had marked the cheese with special molecules in advance. With breath tests after eating, they could follow the breakdown of these molecules - and thus observe the speed of digestion.
The result: those who drank wine with their meals digested much more slowly than the tea drinkers. And the glass of schnapps after dinner delayed digestion even more. Food processing was the fastest for the test subjects who did not drink either wine or schnapps. Conclusion: the more alcohol, the slower the digestion.
Alcohol loosens the stomach muscles - the reason why a schnapps reduces the unpleasant feeling of fullness after a meal. But at the same time it delays the digestion of the food, say the scientists. Thus, in the short term, alcohol has a relaxing effect on the stomach. In the long term, however, one suffers more from digestive disorders with alcohol than without.
- How can a religion accept animal food?
- What do you think about animal rights
- What does Hinduism say about dinosaurs
- How can I be consistent in my fasting?
- What are some benefits of patio breeding
- What does this sentence mean below
- How are India and China similar
- What is the normal distribution
- Why have some people delayed reactions
- Taxation is essentially a socialist policy
- What does DLC stand for
- What is pain 3
- How do I park properly
- How important is ketchup in your life
- Donald Trump is broke
- Why is my friend so submissive
- Which limit is the hardest to cross?
- How often is the body put to shame?
- What would a Wiccan woman wear
- Are there any beginner's algorithms online
- Is an ecosystem completely self-sufficient
- How do you understand the world
- Who is the richest in black pink
- What is the alloy of bronze