Should I take all college classes online
How does the American education system work?
The best universities in the world can be found in the USA - no wonder, after all, despite the high tuition fees, these have a particularly high priority in the American education system.
The school system in the USA
In the USA, general school attendance is usually up to the age of 16 or 18, depending on the state. A three-tier school system with grammar school, secondary school and secondary school as in Germany does not exist in the USA. Instead, children with different talents attend school together.
A child's school career in America begins with the six-year "Elementary School", which starts with kindergarten and goes through to 6th or 8th grade. In grades 7 to 9, the “Middle School” or “Junior High School” continues. Then the students attend the “high school”, which is comparable to the German comprehensive school. American teenagers attend this school from grades 9 to 12 and 10 to 12 respectively.
Graduating from high school entitles you to attend college. In the USA, university education has a particularly high status. The USA is the nation with the highest percentage of young people attending college.
The school system is state-run, which means that everyone has the opportunity to attend school free of charge until they have completed compulsory education. This offer is used by 90% of the students. The remaining 10% attend one of the country's private schools.
What is the difference between college and university?
The term college or university depends in part on the individual states. A bachelor's degree or just a degree in certain areas can often be obtained at a college. At the university, however, a doctorate is also possible. The college and university are thus similar to the German technical college and university.
High tuition fees for universities
There are different types of colleges: undergraduate schools, graduate schools, and professional schools. In principle, tuition fees are charged at the universities, which also far exceed the German tuition fees at state universities. However, because this branch of education has a very high status, many parents take on these high costs. Many years in advance of this, save for the education of their children. A much more extensive range of scholarships than in Germany enables socially disadvantaged and particularly good students to attend a college or university. Famous American universities include Princeton University, Harvard University, Columbia University, and Yale University.Author: Miriam Bax
Published on February 3, 2011
Tags: College, High School, School System USA
- What person in your life has caused havoc
- Are there liberal Baptists
- How can I make a lotion bar
- What does Japanese grammar mean
- Blessing or curse of the social network
- Animals think about their lives
- 580 TVL CCTV cameras are analog
- What is your favorite call recording software
- Adobe InDesign is used for websites
- What are the advantages of synergy effects
- How rich is Trisha Paytas
- Where is the Bulusan volcano
- How are criminal proceedings carried out
- Why isn't sociology taught in high school
- Will life ever go my way
- How destructive are long journeys
- How does a citizen arrest work
- What are the different types of mollusks
- What is passenger liability insurance
- Kills Andrographis Candida
- How many people work for the NSA
- Where does Swiss International Airlines fly to
- What is the range of a multimeter
- What is the best live IPTV
- Why is the Yogscast website bad
- What is a baroque oratorio
- When is the acceleration infinite
- What do we get from multiple reflection
- What is the future of the USD
- How many are 300 40
- What is Rajapalayam famous for
- What are some cute facebook statuses
- Do you think being happy is overrated