How do I make my illustrations burst
Attention: Apple app digital pictures can blow your SSD
If you take photos with your iPhone or iPad, you will probably want to have the photos on your computer at some point. On the Mac there is also the “Digital Pictures” app that does this job. It transfers your photos from the iOS device to the Mac and even converts image formats if you wish.
Apple's Image Capture.app also ensures that photos are transferred from cameras to the Mac. This is usually much faster than handling the lame photos app. The Digital Pictures app doesn't seem to have been programmed by Apple's best developers - to say the least.
According to the NeoFinder developers, an error has crept into the program code that is able to quickly fill your MacOS volumes with empty data. And this is how it works: Those who transfer the photos to the Mac can have the photos taken in iOS converted in HEIC format into the more manageable file format JPEG. This is particularly useful if the photos are to be edited, passed on or published.
And what does the Digital Pictures app do? It attaches 1.5 MB of data to each photo file, which is completely superfluous, as NeoFinder reports in his blog. Of course, 1.5 MB is not much in itself, but if hundreds or even thousands of photos are inflated in this way, a lot of space is lost - in case of doubt, the SSD is unnecessarily full. Short calculation: With 1000 photos, this error eats 1.5 GB of the SSD.
Apple has already been informed of the error. We'll see if it'll be fixed in the next macOS update.
What can be done about Apple's mistake?
A new beta version of the Graphic Converter software can delete this unwanted empty data from the JPG files.
Is such a mistake forgivable or does it join the long list of problems with Apple's software quality? What do you think?
AVM FRITZ! Box 7590 WLAN AC + N router (DSL / VDSL, 1,733 MBit / s (5GHz) & 800 MBit / s (2.4 GHz), up to 300 MBit / s with VDSL supervectoring 35b, WLAN Mesh, DECT -Base, media server, suitable for Germany)
- Why are my white blood cells high
- Will supercomputers develop better supercomputers?
- When does the weight become zero
- Where can I take free online courses
- An internship is worth it
- Northern Ireland has a proper flag
- What is zinc chlorite used for?
- How dangerous it is to be a nuclear engineer
- What animal is wriggling around?
- What is meant by application throughput
- Which empire ruled over maximum countries
- Is Coursea a trustworthy website
- Is it worth it to master Kotlin
- Are you a monarchist
- Why am I bored without competition
- Why are many intellectuals single?
- Did Steve Bannon dump Trump or not
- Why is the internet slow in Africa
- How useful are WYSIWYG CSS editors
- What do you think of the situation in Ukraine
- Where can I buy chocolate covered bacon?
- Who Owns Guerlain Makeup
- Is SXSW worth a visit
- Can a narcissist ever be really good?