What is the point of e-scooters
E-scooters in Germany
Disadvantages of the e-scooter: but not so environmentally friendly?
Despite the positive indications, the environmental friendliness is especially the general one Life cycle assessment the e-scooter to look. In our article about Electric cars we have already pointed out that it depends with what current electric vehiclesloaded become. A vehicle charged with nuclear or coal-fired electricity does not contribute to a positive ecological balance in road traffic when in operation. This also applies to e-scooters. The providers Tier, Circ and Lime have so far responded differently to this question. Only Lime states that he charges his e-scooters with 100 percent green electricity.
The biggest disadvantage and this is also the crux of the debate about the mobility curse or blessing battery pack. The battery is considered to be the component that can be evaluated over a longer period in terms of sustainability and ecological balance. The batteries are lithium-ion batteries, their manufacture very much energy intensive is. They contain rare raw materials such as cobalt, nickel, copper, aluminum and other critical raw materials. Their extraction often involves high loads for them human health and the environment hand in hand. In Africa and South America in particular, the mining of cobalt and lithium is not always environmentally and human-friendly. But also for the employees of the rental services, the so-called "juicers" are according to the first status no fair terms in front. The formally self-employed collect the scooters with empty batteries and bear all costs, such as charging the scooter and the fuel costs for the transporter itself. The electricity with which the scooters are charged does not initially matter. Here, too, the rental services have to improve their terms, especially in terms of working conditions. Lastly, the factor is the lifespan of the batteries. The earlier the batteries break, the worse their CO2 balance. It remains to be seen what the first calculations regarding the service life of e-scooters in Germany will show.
What has to happen so that e-scooters become more environmentally friendly on our roads
In order for the e-scooter to actually contribute to the turnaround in traffic, some points need to be changed. It starts with the Manufacturing an: Since a large part of the scooters are produced in China, it can be assumed that during manufacture Coal power is being used. But even here in Germany it is no better in the course of charging the batteries according to the current electricity mix. Only by 100% green electricity when "juicing" there are no emissions. In order to avoid the CO2 costs when charging - which are incurred when transporting the juicer - would be exchangeable / mobile batteries makes sense. In summary, e-scooters only make sense when they replace the car or motorcycle. Currently, however, they are only a supplement for traffic, use a lot of CO2 in production and do not reduce car traffic due to their lack of attractiveness and costs.
- How many jobs are there in aviation?
- What are the best hotels in USA
- Is France Great Britain Military Allie
- Which NLP framework does Idibon use
- Does the Airtel card support international roaming
- Which company coaches managers in Bangalore
- Which factors are driving municipal construction?
- What does Yalla Balagan mean
- How can Afghanistan become developed and peaceful?
- How do you organize your makeup products
- How do I get better at handball
- What is your everyday comfort clothing
- What does Kabbalah say about reincarnation?
- What is not kinetic warfare
- Is Kilimanjaro within walking distance
- Where do hackers get the news update from?
- What is the importance of educating people
- Why don't people add me on Facebook
- Why is my Stripe account not working
- Which article should be used before unique
- What are the best restaurants in Satna
- Which are the busiest airports in India
- How does television destroy our creativity
- What are the types of protozoal parasites