Which plants are for the cultivation of butterfly gardens
Colorful butterflies in the garden are not only a beautiful sight, they are also useful because of their pollination. If you want to attract butterflies to your garden, it is best to plant indigenous forage plants for butterflies and caterpillars. These plants are undemanding and well adapted to the natural conditions of the region.
However, you should know that every butterfly is preceded by a caterpillar and that this may mean that the forage plant is devastated!
No butterfly without a caterpillar
Often caterpillars are reluctant to be seen because their only activity is to eat! Depending on the type of butterfly, they specialize in several or just one very specific plant as a food source. The species can only reproduce if these plants are found in the habitat. There are a number of caterpillars that do not bother at all, as they z. B. are only dependent on forage plants, which are commonly regarded as "weeds".
If you have a corner with wild herbs, caterpillars can develop undisturbed here. Natural gardens are also more suitable as butterfly gardens than "swept-clean" gardens.
Aktion Grün - More biodiversity in the country
With the “Aktion Grün” - the action program for more species protection - the state is promoting, among other things. Flowering areas with native species in cities and towns. With Aktion Grün, the state government started a funding program for the preservation of biodiversity in 2017. A total of nine million euros are available for four years. Support is given to associations and institutions, municipalities, schools and kindergartens that work with projects to protect biodiversity. More information at www.aktion-gruen.de.
Red list of large butterflies in Rhineland-Palatinate (MUEEF)
Butterflies in Rhineland-Palatinate (BUND)
The way to the butterfly garden (RP Garden Academy)
Insect-friendly garden (UiA Flyer March 2018)
The bird-friendly garden (UiA Flyer March 2017)
Next page: Caterpillar forage plants
- What is a par 64 light
- How is the input tax credit claimed
- Post offices seal loose envelopes
- What is absolute zero in physics
- Is Blender future-proof
- Why are people bad at growing teeth
- Is the Channel Zero TV series good
- What do belt roses look like
- What is an ohmic conductor
- How do I deal with vengeful narcissists
- Can lower blood pressure
- Does the DCEU still have a chance
- Is Marvel a science fiction
- Which website gets us to work quickly
- What cars does Horacio Pagani own
- What scales in Hadoop
- Is price a good determinant of quality?
- What do economists think of wealth inequality?
- Who pays astronomers
- How is E coli linked to cancer
- Holography How does this holographic technology work
- Can you define the fight in a picture
- Call people on video
- What has everyone forgotten